Suggestion for shows

Discussion in 'Online Poultry Show' started by Stormhorse23, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Can we delete the threads from previous shows. It is very confusing. Just an idea.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2008
  2. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    hello?

3. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    we'll have to see...
    still planning on whether or not prizes will be involved...
    but for now, I think they're staying.

4. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Maybe just lock them?

5. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    Can we have a teenage chicken show? Mine arent fully grown yet.

6. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2008
  7. smoothmule

smoothmule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Buffalo, Missouri
    Several ideas, I would like to see the headings listed with the whole date, just "Ends Jan 25th" is not enough, please require they add the year. We've been here long enough now that it could be a few years ago and if it's not been locked then it still comes to the top of the list as though the contest is still active. Very frustrating to try to sort through all of the threads to find a contest to enter and they're so mixed up with old contests that are closed and new ones bumped to the bottom because someone wanted to simply add a comment that they liked it or something. If the heading required a full date and required a "Closed" sign added when it was done and it was locked, everyone could still see the contest and enjoy but it wouldn't be so confusing and out of order.

Also, could there be rules to make the contests a little more uniform? Maybe a standard for the length of time that a contest runs and length of time before judging is completed? Most of us are on here almost everyday anyway. If someone missed getting in on a contest, there are always many more to come and it would limit, somewhat, the number of entries so it's easier to judge as well.

Thanks
    Cathy
    (smoothmule)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by