Suggestions for a game camera with no night flash?

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Noymira, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    I'm looking to get a game camera to setup near my coop. I really want to find one that has a good 30' range without a flash, but still takes good night time pictures. Anyone have any suggestions?

I haven't had any issues yet, but I want to set one up before I do. I'm just as worried about 2 legged as 4 legged pests. I don't really care about video, but would like a decent picture without giving the camera location away.

Thanks!

2. BlackBart

BlackBart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2009
  3. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    Quote:That is a great link, thank you so much! It gives me a good place to start shopping from!

4. BlackBart

Mar 29, 2009
    From what I gather, (I could have it confused [​IMG])

White flash takes a better picture but can scare the animals off and shows the position of the camera to humans so it will be detected.
    Infa Red's picture is not as good but generally doesn't scare the animals off and for the most part goes unseen by the human.

Youtube has some good picture examples of the more popular brands. I did a lot of research on the trigger speeds. Slow trigger speeds seem to be a problem with some models that that means you get a partial picture of the animal in the frame.

5. BlackBart

Mar 29, 2009
    Forgot to add, the more mega pixels the better the picture. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by