1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Suggestions for BYC clothing and etc..?

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by havi, Dec 21, 2008.

1. havi

havi [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si

Mar 23, 2008
    Waco, Texas
    Is there a certain place to go and add your suggestions for new shirt ideas?

If not then what about a tshirt that says...

On the front: BYC & BackYardChickens.com in small letters (maybe where a pocket normally goes?)

On the back: Got Chickens?

I know there is already a shirt sorta like that, but its just plain white with black. I dont know about anyone else, but I can be wearing a white tshirt for five minutes and its already got something on it. So I was thinking something along the lines of the BYC University clothing. Like with green, blue, grey, etc. Also have them in hoodies, long sleeve shirts, etc. I would LOVE to have a pullover hoodie, I would wear it all the time!

Something like this..

[​IMG]

2. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Personally I'd like to have iron-on transfers (in different colors, that'd be nice!) to put on articles of my choosing -- shirts, hoodies, jackets, tote bags, etc. I am very hot natured and don't often wear fleece or sweatshirt type items, but would like to have some options. [​IMG] totes would be nice, sleepshirts or long tunic length shirts, byc headbands / sweatbands would be great in summer, byc visors & caps, etc. ...

3. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

We appreciate all suggestions!

Over the past 2 years we've avoided any new "Got Chickens" items, but if there is enough demand we may do a run of these.

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    PJ's!..also..i saw someones sig. line on here..i like it, it said: "Chicken~ The only animal you can eat before its born , and after its dead!"

5. wasatusay

wasatusay Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2008
    South Carolina
    Well I just got my Chillin with my peeps T-shirt and love it. Got one for friend for Christmas too.
    There is a site called Zazzle where you can send in anything, photos, sayings. ect...to have t-shirts, mugs hats etc..and you can make them avail. to others and make $ too. You could add BYC .com to your own designs just to let everyone know they are here with pics of your own chicken or duck photos. I had a hat made for a friend with a photo of their pontoon boat on it.
    Hope I didn't break any rules posting this but I think if you can get your site posted on any shirt it is a good thing.
    I would like to see Chillin' with my peeps on a darker color T-shirt. Since toting around chickens is not always the best thing for light colored shirts. One of my Bantam roosters (Regis) seems to be infatuated with me for the past few weeks and wants to be held and chat me up all the time.

6. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

wasatusay, thanks for the comment. We've looked into a lot of these companies and have decided to go with screen printed shirts for better quality and pricing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by