suggestions for first aid kit

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickenriot, May 19, 2010.

1. chickenriot

chickenriot Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Brownsboro, Tx.
    Another newbie with a question [​IMG]

I don't have any chickens yet, but, I'm scheduled to receive a shipment of chicks from My Pet Chicken the week of June 1. My brooder items are purchased and I also have some organic ACV on the way.

Could you give me some recommendations for putting together a "chicken first aid kit" ? There are so many medications that it would be horribly expensive to buy all of them so if there are a few dependable products to use I'd appreciate greatly knowing about them. Also, is there an online source that has reasonable prices on products and shipping ? I had checked prices on MPC and the shipping was as much as the medications. The nearest retail outlets are over 20 miles away.

Thank you for any help you might offer.

Pat

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
  3. chickenriot

chickenriot Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Brownsboro, Tx.
    Thank you for the quick reply and the link.

I've been "living" on this website since I found it and read til the wee hours of the morning. I finally turn in when I can't keep my eyes open any longer. [​IMG]

I want to be a responsible chicken keeper so I'm trying to cover all the bases as much as possible.

Thanks again,

Pat

4. organicchef

organicchef Out Of The Brooder

Aug 14, 2007
    Central NC
    Quote:Pat, believe me when I say, "I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! You're just being a good Chicken Mommy!!![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by