Suggestions for where to buy WH in PA?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lmuns349, Mar 10, 2017.

1. lmuns349

lmuns349 New Egg

Mar 8, 2017
    Hi All,
    I'm not sure if this qualifies as a something to go in the "want" section? I'm new here, and to backyard poultry in general, but I am looking for two welsh harlequin ducklings. I can only have two according to township rules, and I am unsure of getting so few shipped from Metzer because PA is so far away from them.

Any suggestions as to other farms or hatcheries that I can contact would be great! Thanks!

2. chickens really

chickens really Overrun With Chickens

Facebook or Craig list or local buy and sell ads.....

Cheers!......:)

3. wolfwood2186

wolfwood2186 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 17, 2016
    Gettysburg, PA
    Sometimes tractor supply will have them. I've ordered from mail order poultry .com when I got my 6 khakis and I live in Gettysburg,PA it was easy and painless just kinda sucks about shipping prices though but all I had to do was pick the ducklings up at the post office right when they got them (it was like 6 in the morning) drove home put them under the heat lamp and gave them food and water. They shipped worth some kind of wet green food stuff so they were fine. Also they were shipped from California so if you want to get from metzer they should be fine if you can't get them locally.

4. lmuns349

lmuns349 New Egg

Mar 8, 2017
    Thanks so much!

5. Kangasox

Kangasox Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2015
    I ordered only 2 WH from Metzer last year and they came just fine and are healthy, happy, silly adults now! I have 6 Metzer birds total and they are all good birds. Plus you can get them sexed, which a lot of smaller breeders or tsc doesn't offer.

6. lmuns349

lmuns349 New Egg

Mar 8, 2017
    Oh that's great news! Thanks!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by