1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

suggestions for white egg layers

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Picco, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I've had chickens for many years now but have never owned a white egg layer. I've always stayed far away from the Mediteranean breeds because of their flighty and not so friendly disposition. I would like to have a couple white eggs to add to my egg basket. I currently have brown and green layers and will soon have some dark brown marans eggs. Are there any friendly easy-going white egg layers out there?

2. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    I have anconas, and they are great White eggs layers. They are sweet birds. I just love them,a nd their coloring is gorgeous.
    [​IMG]
    in this pic, they are the wtwo girls in the front
    [​IMG]

Another white egg layer I have that I just adore, I my Silver Spangled Hamburg Hen. She is just a gorgeous bird, and just so sweet!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Picco

Picco Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2007
    NY
    I forgot about anconas, they are beautiful birds. I think I'll get some. Where did you get yours?

4. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    I got my anconas with my first batch of chicks that came from McMurray Htachery.

5. Barnyard Dawg

Barnyard Dawg Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2007
    Northern California
    I have two leghorns a white and brown they give me great white eggs and are great producers and don't eat alot of feed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by