Suggestions on where to get less than 25 birds?

hopp2it

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 10, 2012
My husband and I wanted to get some meat birds but we do not want our first experience with them to be with 25 of them. We are looking for somewhere in the range of 8-12. Does anyone have a suggestion locally to Harford County, MD or mail order if need be where I can get that few birds? I'd prefer red rangers to cornish X.

Thanks!!
Dia

My husband and I wanted to get some meat birds but we do not want our first experience with them to be with 25 of them. We are looking for somewhere in the range of 8-12. Does anyone have a suggestion locally to Harford County, MD or mail order if need be where I can get that few birds? I'd prefer red rangers to cornish X.

Thanks!!
Dia
Murray McMurray will ship 15 birds after April 1....25 before then.....and you can have any quantity of a particular breed that you want so long as the total is 15 or more.

mcmurrayhatchery.com

If you order less than 25 you usually will pay a premium for the chicks. It is probably better to see if anyone near you wants to split an order.

This time of year, I would call all of your local grain stores to see if they have any in.

TO HOP2ITT: Mt. Healthy Hatchery in Cincinnati, OH, now has Red Rangers and will ship minimum of 15 for $40.50 plus shipping. These are very reliable, knowledgeable poultry suppliers and are close enough that the chicks will ship well. Their number is 1-800-451-5603. Good Luck and Best Wishes. Since this is your first time with these meat chickens follow any feeding instructions given and make sure to get THE HIGH PROTEIN STARTER RATHER THAN THE REGULAR>>>

We love Townline Hatchery in Michigan. Their website sucks- but their customer service is great and their birds are ALWAYS healthy. I have actually not lost a bird from them and I have had more than 125 over the last 18 months come from them. From chickens to turkeys, ducks and guineas all have done great!

I looked at Murray McMurray hatchery since I can get a mix of cornish X and red rangers but it was 50$ for 15 birds including shipping!! I figured if we breast them out and keep the legs and wings the cost of the meat outweighs the decision!!!!

How do you do it to make it worth while?? I was only looking for 15 because I don't know how we'd store the meat from more birds plus the venison we already have and will have when hunting season starts again.

Back
Top Bottom