Suggestions/opinion of my new website? help!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nupine, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    I have a small herd of Alpine goats in Ohio, and I just made a website. Here's the link: http://herdonthehillalpines.webs.com/ What do you think of it? I plan on adding more photos in the gallery, putting more info on the home page, adding a junior doe page when kids are born/purchased, and seperating the breeding list from the sale page. What else should I add? Should I take something out? What do you dislike about it? What do you like about it? ANY imput is greatly appreciated!
    Ashlyn

2. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Anyone?

3. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    I added/edited some pages, anyone have any opinions?

4. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    I like the colors. Needs more Pics.

5. I agree with turney31. Nice colors, but more pics are needed.

ETA: Nice looking goats tho!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
  6. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    I agree with turney31, I like the colors. I think that you could post more pictures. The only thing that I would do if it were my website (and I do have one), I would NOT put my physical address for anyone and everyone to see. My hobby farm is located where I live and I do not want uninvited guest dropping by with no notice. I am a female and that is totally usafe for me. On the other hand, if this is truly your business and you don't 'mind people taking your address and putting it into their GPS and going to your property unannounced, then you should leave your personal information on there. That is a no-no for me. I don't even list my cell phone number. I have them contact me using the web response form section on my website. When I receive their notification, then I contact them.

Overall, you did a great job!!! [​IMG]

Be safe!

7. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Thank you all for the imput!
    I chose to keep the colors really simple, and with a green theme throughout.
    My does are currently all pregnant, but once they kid, I will put udder pics up, new pics of the does themselves, and TONS of baby pictures!
    kuntrygirl, I was beginning to think the same thing. I will remove that. thanks!

8. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I like the page. Maybe you can add a section where you blog about your goats. I bet customers would love to read little stories about the happy animals they are buying from.

9. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    KristyHall, I added a blog up on the top far right. It has one entry so far [​IMG]

10. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Quote:Great idea!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by