Suggestions PLEASE for Human Morning Sickness-UPDATE #56

ibpboo

Where Chickens Ride Horses
15 Years
Jul 9, 2007
always changing
My DIL is suffering from morning sickness, and she does not want to eat. I would like more suggestions on foods etc from all of you, how you got through this stage. The more info I can gather, the better the chance of finding something that will help her.
Thank you!

Herbal tea and ritz crackers saved my life during my first trimesters.

Oh and congrats
wink.png

Last edited:
I had bad morning sickness with my first pregnancy. I found that if I would eat saltine crackers and drink a warm sprite in the morning before my feet hit the floor, it helped. I put the sprite and a pack of crackers on my nightstand before bed. The next morning I would just sit up enough to sip the sprite and eat a handful of the crackers. Wait a few minutes, then attempt to get up.

Hope your DIL feels better soon! Mine only lasted for 2 weeks, but it felt like forever at the time. Others have reported being sick their entire pregnancy.

Quote:
Easier said than done. I have a very strong stomach and my last pregnancy had horrible morning sickness. I lost 15lbs the first trimester since I couldn't keep much down. My son was fine though. Born 8lbs 7oz.

Quote:
I have to second this, I kept a package of crackers with every night before I even moved my body I would have a couple with sips of water. Only had morning sickness for a short while but this helped tremendously.

Also there is a OTC med called Emetrol, has a sweet-lemony taste, that might help maybe a teaspoon or so. After you check with her Dr and she can tolertate the taste. It help conquer nausea.

Congrats and best wishes to all!

I third the crackers and warm sprite. It worked for me. I could also eat a half a banana. I was sick for three months solid with my daughter but only a month with my son. I hope she feels better soon! Tell her it is all worth it!

OMG. I had the worst morning sickness! I would eat ginger candy all the time. I would also keep saltine crackers by my bed and eat one before I got up, and I would get up slowly. Eating small meals is also very helpful. Unfortunatly I was sick my whole prgnancy with both kids. It was bad! But looking back now (I guess) it was all worth it. Hope that she begins to feel well.

unsalted crackers and ginger ale for me. Make sure it has real ginger in it. I also ate alot of eggs when i was pregnant which many people cant believe as many say its makes them queezy.

Back
Top Bottom