Suggestions to keeping my hens in the yard....

countrygirl1128

Hatching
10 Years
Apr 21, 2009
Hi,
I am new to this group, but so far have found it very interesting. A bit about me, I am 27 married and live my "simple coutry life" Love my animals, I have 6 hens 2 plymouth barrs and 4 silver wyandottes. They have been great and have not left the yard.... Now they have decided to explore. They ended up in the neighbors yard and they were awsome about it, we apoligized flagged them out and countined to stay on top of keeping them in the yard. Place food in various places around the 4 acers so that they would stay put.... Sunday they went to the neighbors yard again and were run out of there by their new beagle puppy who corrned one chicken and would have killed it. Same story today, except I believwe that the beagle got one of my chickens, found the trail of feathers from their yard to mine... What can I do to deter them from going back there. All suggestion WELCOMED, I look forward to them....

Thanks!
CG1128

countrygirl1128,

welcome-byc.gif
from Washington.

I think about your only option will be a fence or run. If the chickens can go to the neighbors, the dog can probably come to them as well. Good luck. Hope others have another option.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom