Sulking/sick/injured? 12 week old Polish Hen

chickenfeverforever

Songster
8 Years
Apr 18, 2011
I let all the young birds out of the coop today and everyone was fine except my young Polish. She has her head nuzzled into her chest and is walking around crouched down. Almost like she is sulking. Everyone ate and drank except her. Everyone else seems fine. Acting normal. Coop is clean. Just chabged the straw 2 days ago and put some Seven (Different brand) powder down like I always do under the straw. So what is wrong? She is my most calm and sweet bird and I have never seen anyone bully her. Though I am not sure what goes on behind closed doors. Could she have gotten injured? Maybe while being mounted by a large rooster? She is very tiny. I dont know what to do for her. I picked her up and looked for injuries and I could not find any. I felt her crop and it was not full. Empty in fact. No signs of sickness such as runny eyes or nose. So anything thoughts as to whats wrong with her? She does walk around but then just stands crouched over. I'm worried about her. I did watcher her for about 45 mins and when she pooped is was mostly all white, but solid. Is this normal? They are all wormed about a month ago so I guess its that time again, but you would think everyone would be showing symptoms if that were tha case right?

Just seeing this thread. So sorry she died.
sad.png

JJ

I'm so sorry for your loss - the Polish ones are just so darn cute and I'm sure you are really sad - hugs!

Back
Top Bottom