sulmet course over, and bloody poop found again!! arg

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by fmizula, Aug 15, 2011.

1. fmizula

fmizula Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    we are on day seven now and i noticed a few bloody poops in my coop again, or maby still. anyways, i think it is my silkie hen who is quite small and gets pushed arround alot. i dont think she recieved enough of the sulmet course. should i just feed her individually sulmet or should i re course the whole group with the corid? or just her the corid? should i segregate her in another area?? can the chickens that are over the cocci redevelop it from her poops in the coop?? thought i had beat it and was quite disipointed to see blood in there again today, becides this occurance they look quite well and poops have been good and everyone has been more active than before. also, what are the proper doseage for the corid? the package lists the thing for much more water than i have to give.

2. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    Did you try a wormer? Worms cause blood in poops too.

3. fmizula

fmizula Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 8, 2011
    i had a poop test done and it was possitive for cocci

4. susanbird

susanbird Out Of The Brooder

Aug 13, 2011
    Quote:I wonder if your hen got re=infected. I read an article that said that it was important to remove all litter/droppings so the chickens would not ingest it again.

5. chkn

chkn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2010
    I have to correct myself, there's a poop chart around here somewhere. Some of the normals do have blood. Why not retreat though. I think some around here recommend something called Corrid (sp?) as a first choice over Sulmet. So maybe you should check into it here and get ahold of that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by