Sultan crossed with Grey Silkie...what will it look like?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SarahF, Nov 14, 2008.

1. SarahF

SarahF Chillin' With My Peeps

Does anyone have a cross like this? I have two sultan roosters and a grey silkie who has gone broody. I am so curious as to what this might like look!?!?!? [​IMG]

2. Maidservant

Maidservant Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2008
    Norwich, Norfolk, UK
    I don't know about a grey silkie, but I have one little one that is a sultan/silkie cross. I don't know who the mom is, but I have all of the following colors in silkie hens: Black, buff, white, and partridge (brown). I have a blue hen now too, but she is a new addition.

Here is a picture of my little one:

[​IMG]

Black beak, yellow feet, 5 toes on each foot, and a weird brown pattern for feathers. He's beginning to get a poof on his head, but I don't know what it will look like or if he will lose it when he gets bigger.

Emily in NC

3. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    [​IMG] Boy is this right up my alley right now. I have just now hatched some of those mixes. I have that mix from a day old to , about maybe, hummm, 8 or ten weeks old. I can get you some pics later this evening when the brooder bedroom isn't being used by my old man to take a nap. I had asked the very same question when I first had that mix due but I had to wait and be surprised. I don't have a grey bird though.

There skin will be black and they will have the extra toe thing going on. Some of them have the smooth feathers and the feathers on there feet will be bigger than the silkies, more like the sultan, and the others have the fine fluffy feathers just like a silkie I soooo love the do they have going on there heads. lol Makes since right. I will post some pics tonight.[​IMG]

I especially love my sultan hen. She is very small and loves to strut her stuff in front of my big roos. Drive them crazy and funny to watch.!!!![​IMG]

4. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:[​IMG] So far my older ones are not losing that poof, it's just gettin bigger and wisper. lol Talk about cute.

5. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Here is one pic of a sultan/silkie mix. Let me look for some more. E[​IMG]njoy, they are cuties!!!!!

6. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Found another one- Yippiee[​IMG]

7. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    [​IMG]

More pics. I will try and get pics of my older mixes if you want. Just let me know.[​IMG]

8. meriruka

meriruka Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    chilling, I'd like to see some more pics...........
    I hatched a white silkie roo/ white sultan hen egg.
    The chick has the sultan feathers, black skin, 5 toes. I'd love to see what he will look like when he grows up.
    He was hatched on 1/6, already he attacks my hand when I put it in the brooder [​IMG]

9. chilling in muscadine

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Its been raining here but just as soon as it clears up I can go and get some new pics of them for you. I will have to call them all dirty feet though. They really are nice birds. Some get the silkie feather feet and some get the sultan feather feet. They all have the five toes. I have some grown ones now and I need some new pics of them anyway.

10. briarpatchfarms

briarpatchfarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2008
    Grayson, Ky
    Cant wait to see pictures!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by