1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sultan/Silkie/Showgirl Cross Does anyone have any pictures?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by FrenchToast, Nov 27, 2010.

1. FrenchToast

FrenchToast "Draft Apple Ridge" a Bit from Heaven

Jan 10, 2010
    UP North WI
    I have one lonely Sultan Rooster. I thought he was a she until about a week ago. I had Her (him) in with my showgirl hens and silkie roos thinking I would be able to tell her eggs apart from the showgirls so their would be no problem there when I collected the showgirl eggs and she (he)wouldn't be alone. I was even thinking of hatching out any eggs to see what the silkie/sultan might look like.

Well low and behold my "Hen" sultan started crowing !!! Now I see my showgirls started laying and am wondering what a showgirl/sultan would look like although I haven't seen him mount the hens.

So now where is the poor guy going to live???? With Silkies or Showgirls? I don't want to have cross breeds although I think they would be interesting. Especially if I could keep the silkie feathering on the showgirls and get the sultan crest !!! But I really don't need any more projects !! LOL

Any ideas?

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by