Sultans are growing up

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by stilldeb, Aug 21, 2011.

1. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    Latest pics of my Sultans, about 4-5 mos old now. These little guys are a lot of fun. Had to do a bit of haircutting on one of the hens, her eyes were completely covered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lacey1988

Lacey1988 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Mississippi
    You got some beautiful babies

3. KarenP

KarenP Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Westport
    They are so cute!! How do they stay so clean?

4. Miyashi

Miyashi Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2011
    Gaylord, MI
    I want a Sultan Roo so bad!
    I have a hen, she's goofy!
    Very pretty birds you have!
    Does the Roo have a black feather on his back? Maybe I was seeing things. Just wondering....my Sultan mutt had black feathers occasionally popping up here and there.
    They are adorable though!
    >_<
    So cute!

5. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    How do you keep yours clean? I recently got a pullet and had to trim big time around her eyes. She sees good now. Trouble is there coop is mostly dirt. And somehow my sultan managed to get feces/mud caked on it's butt. [​IMG]

6. stilldeb

stilldeb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2010
    NW Kentucky
    Yes, one of the roos has a shaded black feather on his back. Sometimes it shows through and sometimes it is covered up by the white feathers. They are in an elevated coop over grass/hardware cloth and it is very easy to just turn the whole thing to fresh grass, rotating it under their tree, and of course they get to come out and play in the yard, but have to take turns with my other chickens, but anyway they stay pretty clean as long as they are on the grass - now...when I give them watermelon, I have a bunch of PINK Sultans!

My poor little Luna (the one that had the haircut) really could not see where she was going and would walk around a bit and then just lie down in the yard because she didn't know where to go. After her haircut, she is having a lot more fun.

They spend a lot of time in the coop, especially if it's hot, totally unlike any of my other chickens, who only go inside to lay eggs and sleep.

deb g

7. Magic Birdie

Magic Birdie Overrun With Chickens

May 3, 2011
    Magic Birdie land
    pretty! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by