"Sultans?"

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by NJbirdlover, Mar 26, 2009.

1. NJbirdlover

NJbirdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Salem County, NJ
    Any opinions on this breed. My 11yr. old is interested in this unusual looking breed for 4-H. Any opinions would be welcomed!

anyone know of Sultan breeders?

sorry I guess this may not be the right place to post this~

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  2. gpamela3499

gpamela3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    Hi I am new to sultans but I have two chicks both are a little shy at first but then fun and personable. I don't know about if they grow in to a mean bird later. I think they just look kind of that way. I love mine so far. They never even get agressive with others like my leghorn or my mille fluer.

3. 92caddy

92caddy Egg Lover

May 18, 2007
    Portland, IN
    I just hatched some out from pidgey104 eggs, she sent me 7 eggs, all 7 were fertile, 5 hatched and they are really nice looking chicks. I dont know anything about the breed, Im giving them a try to see if I'll like them. I just wanted to tell ya that she was nice to deal with and how good her eggs were. Good luck to ya...............

4. Cara

Cara Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2007
    NM
    To be honest my bantams were loathesome birds. It was a relief when the bobcat got them. The rooster was the most aggressive i've had and crowed constantly. The hens weren't the best layers either, I think I got less than 50 eggs a year from them. Keeping the foot feathering intact is quite a challenge.

5. gpamela3499

gpamela3499 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Near San Fran Ca
    There is a polish sultan contest on the Poultry contest thread ask some of the contestants there!!![​IMG]

Make that the Online Poultry Show thread!!!!
    Look for the Sultan Polish contest

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  6. Poultry Palace

Poultry Palace Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Live Oak, Florida
    we have a few young chicks, and their very nice birds so far (about 9 weeks old) seem slightly more docile than some of my old english game bantams. Hope that helps

7. NJbirdlover

NJbirdlover Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Salem County, NJ
    thanks everyone!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by