1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sultans?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Tiffrz-N-Kidz, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Tiffrz-N-Kidz

Tiffrz-N-Kidz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2010
    Aledo, TX
    I looked through the breeeders list and did not see any Sultans. Any ideas where else to look besides hatcheries?

2. tinychicky

tinychicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2010
    Hollis, New Hampshire
    sorry, i'm not sure. try going to a few shows and swaps and you may find one! good luck!

3. Godiva

Godiva Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Colorado
    I was wondering the same thing, I have only seen them in hatchery ads. Who has them and what are they like? THey are so pretty... love to know more about them. I hope you get some responses...

4. cathunter10

cathunter10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Piedmont, MO.
    You guys are about a year ahead of me We have Saltons But we wont have any to sell this year Next year We should have eggs and chicks to sell if every thing goes as planed .[​IMG]
    Bill & Betty

5. IwannaBEaMERMAID

IwannaBEaMERMAID Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2009
    Beverly Hills, CA
    Someone needs to do some importing from Europe . . .. .just sayin' [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  6. kickinchicken

kickinchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rhode Island
    HA! Yeah, good luck actually FINDING someone in Europe who has them AND getting them to return an email! Been there, done that!

d-bmodelmasters on EBay has Sultan eggs. I got 12 and 4 hatched out. They look great so far. One only has 4 toes and one had a bit of trouble hatching.

I am going to work on Sultans over the next couple of years to get them to be as close to the Standard of Perfection as possible. Problem is, just getting different quality stock to get the project going. I think it was chickenzoo who has Sultans but they had to shut down for now due to an illness coming in from hatchery eggs. Her Sultans were standards. Absolutely gorgeous!

I found a woman in Australia who has some black project Sultans. Still working on the 5th toe, but they are only F3, I think. But, just to get the eggs here would be such a PITA that it isn't worth it. I will just keep trying on getting something in the USA.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by