sumatra chicks

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RockyToggRanch, Jul 20, 2008.

1. RockyToggRanch

RockyToggRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I have some really cute (ugly) 4 week old sumatra chicks to sell or trade. My hen hatched all 14 of her eggs! I really don't want so many chickens, so I'll part with 8 or 10. Some are blue, some are black. I'm in Upstate NY.

2. shangri-lafarms

shangri-lafarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2008
    NY-Upstate Adirondacks
    I live in upstate NY as well, I have RIR pullets 8 weeks of age at this time, I lost a few due to a fox but my hubby shot it, so so far so good, I let them free range during the day and I haven't had any problems until I forgot to shut them in one night. So I need some more chickens, I am willing to trade afew probably like 4 or 5. I am interested in buying as many as you would like to part with. How much and where in upstate????

3. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I'm in northern Oswego county, near Pulaski. I only wanted a few hens and now I'm over run with them, so I really don't want to trade for more chicks. Perhaps toward a toggenburg goat, but no more chickens. I'm asking $6.00 each for them. I paid $25.00 for my rooster and $15.00 for the hen last year. They're really beautiful and excellent fliers, so can escape many predators. I want to keep a few if I can tell which are pullets. Let me know if you're interested.

4. wildernessdweller

wildernessdweller Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    burnham, maine
    do you still have any of these??? especially the blues??? can you ship??? I'm in Maine 04922. please pm me with a shipping price and how many you've got....

5. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I know I said the sumatras were 4 weeks old, but they're actually 8weeks. How time flies! Yes I still have them (14).
    Sorry, I can't ship them.

6. RockyToggRanch

May 22, 2008
    Upstate NY
    I took some pictures of the sumatras. I'm trying to figure out how to upload them to this site. My pictures are jpj files and it won't let me. Darn and no kids around to show me how!
    If you want me to email pictures I can do that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by