sumatra pics

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chicken_boy_Kurt, Jul 2, 2008.

1. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    Hi all. I am in 4-H as some of you know and I need to make a poster for the fair in August. I am going to make 2, 1 on Sumatras and 1 on blood testing, and have enough pics for 1 but my Sumatras are too young and not posing well. So can I ask for some pics of some nice show quality Sumatras? I would probably be drawing a picture of them but maybe I will just use the pic. If you don't want me to use your pics then don't post them. Sorry if this is too much to ask but its possible that I could make money from the poster so I can't use feathersite's pics.

2. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    You've seen these in your Oriental Show, but here are the only two pictures I have of my pair of Black Sumatra Bantams. I know the quality sucks because they are scanned copies. Stupid computer lost the originals... Anyways, feel free to use them and if you want to give editing them a whirl so they look better for you go for it. But you had better post the pic so I can see them looking prettier. At least the image in my mind of them isn't grainy...lol

Celeborn and Galadriel:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You can see pictures of their parents here:

http://home.att.net/~Myakka2/blaksumbanty.htm

Some neat Sumatra pics:

http://www.vechthoenders.com/english/twodescphotos.html

You might ask both of those websites if you could use their pics. Wish mine were better.

3. Napalongtail

Napalongtail Longtail Longtimer

Jan 31, 2007
    NE Washington
    Here ya go kiddo, Here's one a few sumatra chicks. You have my permission to use them for your 4-H board. Any other reproduction needs additional permission.
    [​IMG]

I have another pic but it is coming up too big to fit the page I will try and e-mail it to you.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2008
  4. chicken_boy_Kurt

chicken_boy_Kurt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    ChicknDaddy and Napalongtail, this poster will circle around to different shows for a year, thats why I would get money for it. So it wouldn't be seen just at the 4-H fair so if I can still use them tell me. And I'm sure I could do alot with those pics ChicknDaddy.

5. Chickndaddy

Chickndaddy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2007
    East Texas
    Using the pictures is fine with me. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by