Sumatras and Andalusians

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Zack and Flock, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Zack and Flock

Zack and Flock New Egg

Feb 25, 2016
    Hi,
    I am a 4Her in Louisiana. I have blue Analusians, speckled Sussex, black Minorcas, brown Leghorns, white Silkies, and black Sumatras(my favorites). I recently heard to get the best from Sumatras, vitamin supplements are necessary. I am also a little curious on how to breed blue Andalusians since the blue coloration is recessive. I'm interested in any advice anyone has to offer.

2. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    Would you be willing to ever sell some of your sumatra chicks?

3. Zack and Flock

Zack and Flock New Egg

Feb 25, 2016
    Since I just got a Sumatra less than one month ago I haven't hatched any eggs yet. Once I get started I might. Where are you from?

4. chicklover 1998

chicklover 1998 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2015
    Oskaloosa,Ia
    look below my profile pic.

5. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you onboard.

Your state thread is worth joining as you will get to know other BYC members in your area (https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/270925/find-your-states-thread). In fact, the search box should become your best friend [​IMG] Lastly but by no means least, the members here are amazing - very friendly and helpful, so if you need an answer to a question or simply want some reassurance that what you are doing is ok, then post away - we all help each other out here at BYC.

There are many knowledgeable members when it comes to genetics and breeding - maybe post in "general breed discussion and FAQ"

All the best
    CT

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    I'm sorry I am not aquainted with either breed. You could put the name in the search to find threads pertaining to them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by