1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Summer jobs

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JoJo 95, May 13, 2010.

1. JoJo 95

JoJo 95 Songster

Mar 15, 2009
    Hey everyone. I was thinking of ways to make money to buy this cooler scotter and a super bike I wanted ( www.coolerscooterdirect.com
    http://www.usapocketbikes.com/x18-r-nitro-superbike/ ) when I realized that I need a better idea. I have another year before I'm old enough to get a job and I would rather make my own money than to ask my parents for it. I also don't want to do online work because I would rather do something that's hands-on. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BTW the scooter coolers are so cool [​IMG]

2. JoJo 95

JoJo 95 Songster

Mar 15, 2009
    ????

3. greeneggsnham

greeneggsnham Songster

Mar 4, 2010
    Southeast Missouri
    Mow yards or weed flower beds and gardens. Most people are willing to pay others to do this kind of stuff.

4. dacjohns

dacjohns People Cracker Upper

First learn patience. You don't need to bump your thread after only 6 minutes.

Mow lawns and do other yardwork.

Baby sit.

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  5. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I am getting my first summer job this year! Should have just under 3000 before school starts! I am definitley getting me a camera! and some new chickens, fixing up my chicken yard and clothes, clothes, clothes. I've already decided no more than 500 goes to chickens! If I don't watch it I'll go broke over them!

6. 19Dawn76

19Dawn76 Songster

Apr 26, 2009
    Toadsuck, AR
    It's getting harder for teens to get jobs. Here, in Arkansas, fast food stores and grocery chains won t hire anyone under 18.

Lawn care and bsbysitting sound like good ideas. I am hiring a house keeper and babysitter for the summer.

I'm a stay at home mom. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 13, 2010
  7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer Premium Member

May 11, 2010
    I know several young folks and a few old folks who make good money by pet sitting- especially during the summer and holidays. Good luck! I earned money for my Moped (way back in the 70's) by cleaning horse stalls.

8. JoJo 95

JoJo 95 Songster

Mar 15, 2009
    Around here most people won't pay for mowed grass. That's why I needed something more original. I've tried mowing lawns, selling driks and snacks, and dog walking. People around here just don't wanna pay for that kind of stuff. [​IMG]

9. dacjohns

Collect recyclables and sell them to a recycle center.

10. dacjohns

You can't get a "job" for another year and you want to earn $1000 or more? Wow.

No one wants to pay for yard work. I understand a drink and snack stand not making it.

When I was a kid I had a paper route and collected pop bottles. Now it's adults that have paper routes and unless you're in a state that charges a deposit on cans and bottles that won't work. Theft is not a viable option.

Clean houses.

Sorry, I'm kind of at a loss.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by