SUMMER SOLSTICE HATCH JUNE 21!- Blue Marans Hatch

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by pfmoore17, Jun 21, 2010.

1. pfmoore17

pfmoore17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    CT
    Yep, it is time for my final hatch of the year.
    This year was my first year hatching and my success rate was pretty good once I figured it out. [​IMG]
    But I am sure their is more to know!

I got 20 Blue Marans eggs goiung into the bator tonight I got from Peachick today. I got 11 out of 14 with my last hatch and hoping to do as well or better with these! [​IMG]

Who wants to join in?

Last edited: Jun 21, 2010
  2. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    I put my eggs in on June 1. They'll hatch either today or tomorrow. I had one hatch 3 days early. Go figure?

Congrats on your hatches!! [​IMG]

3. justtoni44

justtoni44 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    oregon
    Good Luck with your hatch.

My Blues are day 21. 4 out, 2 zip, 7 pip.29 eggs to start.
    Last hatch I got about 50/50 between blacks and blue.one little splash and it did not make it.
    My breeding is Presley/ Davis.
    Have one lone easter egger in there...probably will not have a problem figuring out which one it is.LOL

They are such nice chickens........
    I bought a Cuckoo cross last year and fell in love with her.........
    Then bought a three hens..one copper black, one copper blue, one blue..
    And a copper blue rooster.
    Hope my post is appropriate..I do not find many others who have the Blues to talk to.
    Thanks,Toni

4. How exciting! I set 4 doz. eggs the evening of 5/31, not even realizing they would be "Summer Solstice" hatchlings. I forgot to turn that group for the first 7 days (dumbdumbdummy me), but the ones that made it to Day 18 are hatching now.
    Good luck with your hatch!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

5. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Whelp. All the rest of my eggs were dead. 1 out of 36. Not a good rate.

6. Hi! That's not a good rate at all. Do you know what went wrong?
    Lisa

7. rodriguezpoultry

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
  8. lubmychickens

lubmychickens New Egg

Jun 19, 2010
    Cedarville, CA
    My BA just hatched her first egg today, Today was 21 days. It looks like it died shortly after hatching. Are they suppose to get off the eggs so they don't smother? Should I pull the other 5 eggs? I could put them in my incubator? I am worried sick for the other 5, but I don't want to bug her too much. I know nothing about this! I have never hatched eggs before. someone please help! [​IMG]

9. pfmoore17

pfmoore17 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    CT
    Quote:Congrats on your hatch progress. Tell me how you make out.

I have raised Wheaties in the past, but I am interested in the blue marans and whether I can crossed them with a wheaten.
    Ultimately, I would like a blue splash flock. I did get some eggs but they were pretty light. So, I am starting with dark Blue marans eggs and culling the splashes. It might take a long time as my last hatch of 11, only one was a splash.

I received my blue marans eggs yesterday. They sat/rested for 12 hours and then I set them in the ECO 20. Temp is at 100 F and 42% humidity, so they are off to a good start. I will candle them on day 10. In the meantime, I will do a daily sniff test to make sure nothing is rotting in the bator. Other than that, I hope to keep from opening the bator except to add water if necessary.

I did hatch some blue coppers a few months back. I am not crazy about coppers, but I did sell a splash blue splash that is really beautiful. Sorry I sold it, but the owner is thrilled.

Hope you do well.

10. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Quote:Oh good! I have 22 blue marans eggs from peachick in the bator. I can't wait till they hatch. I got some blue coppers from her in December and they are just now laying. They were the cutest babies when they were little and now I have 4 of thier test pullet eggs in the bator too. I also have 2 test pullet eggs from my black coppers that just started to lay. Wheeeee.... These are due to hatch 4th of July.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by