sun activated coop door

kevintmckay

Hatching
9 Years
May 18, 2010
I was thinking about making a coop door with a photosensitive switch so it closes when it gets dark and opens when it gets light has anybody done this yet?

I have a solar operated automatic door and I love it. All the girls know the small sound it makes that they are either free to go outside in the mornings or they'd better hurry up and get inside at night if they don't want to sleep outside. Even the babies know when it's time to go in and out. Since I work long days and cannot always be home to let them in/out, this works out great for me.

Hi, This is exactly the idea I have been looking for as well. I've posted a couple posts asking for solar panels for my motor. I have the Add a motor 20 . I bought it at Discount Automation, but had to install it with a electrical timer. I want to get as much of my electricity OFF THE GRID. So I am looking for a panel to go with this .

Anyone??

Thanks,

Quote:
Don't need a light sensor, I need a solar panel to run the motor. The Discount Automation one seemed a lot easier to install (I already had the plexiglass and frame built) and way more COST effective ($90.00). I see now they put the manual on there site too.

http://www.discounthomeautomation.com/discounthomeautomation/content/images/AD20_001.pdf

Wasn't up there when I was doing research. That would have been cool to see before I bought it. Doesn't matter though, it's still easy.

Anyone going solar?

Back
Top Bottom