Sunday bath (Pic Overload)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by gofasterstripe, Nov 7, 2010.

1. gofasterstripe

gofasterstripe Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice sunny day here in South Carolina so photos just had to be taken
    Babies pool got cleaned 1st but the big ducks took 1st dibbs on it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So then 1 of the big ducks pools got cleaned and the babies took dibbs on it

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    that was untill Sly decided to clear the pool of all other ducks and have it to herself!!
    [​IMG]

While this was going on the 8 Khaki's were sleeping...or pretending too. They dont really like the other ducks and keep to there selves
    [​IMG]

Pompom was on a Mission, she didnt know what pool to go swim in so walked back and forth for like... EVER trying to decide what 1 she wanted to go to.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then she decided on the babies pool....took her time deciding, she just had to make the right choice

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    while that was going on Daisy Duck watched a plane go over

[​IMG]
    And sly had a wing test
    [​IMG]

Pompom finished her bath....at last
    [​IMG]
    Sly inspected the bottom of the water bucket for the 20th time in 10 minutes
    [​IMG]
    and them everyone settled down for a good ol preen
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    while 1 Khaki looked on in disgust at everyone
    [​IMG]
    the rest of them slept.....yes there is 7 ducks in that picture

[​IMG]

2. TLWR

TLWR Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    LOL I did the same thing this morning - pics and video LOL

3. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    Awwwwwww! I miss that. When I had 50+ ducks it was the highlight of my day... no week to clean the pools

4. gofasterstripe

Quote:[​IMG]
    I clean my pools every day, well not clean, but I empty out and put clean water in, I really need to scrub the inside of the pools. The reson I have 3 pools is....I went to K Mart to get a pool and they only had 1 little pool left, so went in and paid for it ($3.33). Got home threw it over the fence and when I went thru the gate to grab it to fill it up I noticed it was quite thick, there was 3 pools all like stuck together. Did I go back to K Mart and pay for the other 2...erm...erm.... NO!!!!!!

5. Goat_Walker

Goat_Walker I Am THE Crazy Duck Lady

Jul 9, 2008
    Maryland
    LOL! I have two small kiddie pools, three large, and a few plastic tubs for my brats. that way i only have to dump and refill 2 - 3 times a week in summer and once a week in winter. i only have scovie for right now so thats why i dont change it as often

6. TLWR

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    I'm refilling their big pool every 4-5 days. 5 days is really pushing it and they go in and don't hang out very long LOL

these are some of my bath photos from this morning
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

showing off their wings after their bath
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TLWR

Jul 10, 2010
    southern AL
    your pekin is a jumbo, right?

DH doesn't want any more ducks because Blue and Cadbury are noisy and he doesn't like them on the deck (or more accurately, pooping by the back door... neither do I, but a bucket of water removes poop or the hose lol), but I still want my pekin!

8. gofasterstripe

Quote:Beautiful photos of your babies. Yes Sly is a Jumbo and at 12 weeks tomorrow she is bigger than my normal Pekin ducks!!

9. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Gorgeous!! I clicked through without seeing who the post was from. I looked at the first couple and thought, "That drake sure looks familiar..." scrolled back up and... that's Finn! [​IMG] Looks like he's having a hey-day!!

Your ducks are sure pretty, and not just those you got from me. [​IMG] I can't tell which one is your stanbridge white though--he blends in with the pekins--is he in the pictures?

10. iamcuriositycat

iamcuriositycat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2009
    Charlotte, NC
    Duh. Nevermind. There he is in the first picture--big ole drake feather sticking up. They look SO happy. Thanks for giving them a terrific home. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by