Sunday Brunch Bake

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by tamieshobbyfarm, Apr 27, 2008.

1. tamieshobbyfarm

tamieshobbyfarm Out Of The Brooder

Oct 25, 2007
    Iowa
    Last weekend, my mom was in town, she had NEVER had farm fresh eggs. I wanted to make something special. I ask by dh to get some broccoli and shrimp out of the freezer. He looked at me kind of crazy like.

I scrambled about 14 eggs, I added salt, pepper and garlic seasoning. I sprayed a rectangular pan put broccoli down to cover the bottom, added the scrambled egg mixture with the shrimp that I had cut up and then topped it off with a mixture of colby jack cheese. I baked it at 350 degrees, and I think it took right at 40 minutes, but you want to cook it until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

It was the hit of the day. I have to say, I did not expect it to be that good, and everyone that was sceptical at the beginning came around quickly. FYI there were NO leftovers!

2. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    That is called a Frittata! My DH was very leery of them the first time I made one. Now he asks for them! I add all kinds of stuff. Mushrooms are good, onions, fresh spinach, marinated artichoke hearts...just anything that goes with eggs, which is just about everything!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by