Sunday Humor

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by AmericanMom, Sep 7, 2014.

1. AmericanMom

AmericanMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon
    I sell hatching eggs and have an ad running on CL most of the time... Had a lady call me today to come get a couple, she then told me about her hen who has been sitting for about a month, tried to give her chicks to no avail, I tried to talk her through re-trying with the new chicks, doing it at night etc but she said no, she would just buy a couple eggs for her hen, she then asked me if I had any chicken eggs that she could hatch out in a week or two at the most...I was quiet for a second and asked her to repeat herself, she then asked if I had any of those special chickens who can hatch out of an egg in a week or two....

[​IMG]

I told her no, those type of chickens were way to expensive to keep, all I had were standard eggs that take 21 days to hatch

2. Flytieguy

Flytieguy Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2014
    [​IMG]

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    Oh man...

I'll see your Special Speed Incubators and raise you a Psycho Demon Hen. I sold a year old hen to a lady who needed a companion for her pet 5 month old pullet. I emphasized my birds were not pets, and to give her a couple days to settle in. The lady was on the phone to me at 7am the next morning, wanting to bring the hen back because she was "a psycho demon" who was freaking out and making too much noise.

Well, gee, if I was kidnapped in the middle of the night and taken to a strange place and woke up with some weird chick I didn't know, I'd probably raise a fuss too [​IMG]

But, if you ever run across those Special Speed Incubators, let me know! I'd love to get 2-3 hatches out of a broody hen [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by