Sunken eyes

LaceyRenea1988

In the Brooder
Dec 6, 2017
Hey there I have a 10 week old pullet black maran. Her only symptoms are her eyes are sunken in and she's very lazy (always sleeping in a corner) she is also smaller the her siblings. This has been going on with her since she was about 5 weeks of age. None of the other birds are affected. Suggestions? The pic is her.. her eyes are very sunken in and has been since about 5 weeks old. There is no discharge from eyes , nose, or mouth. She eats and drinks.
20180401_113250.jpg
20180401_113037.jpg

Is it just one eye or both? How long it's been like this?
It is both eyes for about 5 weeks.. I've read a few weeks ago that it could be dehydration when I read that I've separated her.. gave her probiotics, electrolytes, nutri drench.. I made sure she was eating and drinking.

Hello, I had a rescued Cornish Cross pullet who had the same problem, it went away within a few days and I read it had to do with respiratory problems, could there be anything troubling her breathing? Or any small flakes of anything that could have gotten into her eye? Also is there bubbles coming from the eye?

And I will add that this started while she was still being brooded indoors. She wasn't exposed from any other birds except for her hatch mates.

Back
Top Bottom