Sunny Day Miscellaneous Pics

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by speckledhen, Apr 30, 2008.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Some of the younger pullets were mingling with the big girls today and the irises that refused to bloom last year are blooming, so I took a few pics today, just a few misc ones. The last one is broody Olivia on her nest, Day 4 or so.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  2. nccountrygirl

nccountrygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2007
    Sanford N.C.
    Very nice Cyn, I love your girls

3. chcknrs

chcknrs Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2008
    Kelso, WA
    Very nice! Wish my pics turned out so good!

4. Tutter

Tutter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    N. California
    What lovely photos!

Your girls are beautiful, as are the flowers! [​IMG]

We have wild irises here, which smell wonderful, so I always look forward to them. But this was a dismal year for them. I'm glad your flowers bloomed this year.

Thank you for sharing those, it was a pleasant stop for me between doing one thing and another! [​IMG]

5. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Pretty pretty! [​IMG] What's Olivia brooding on?

6. Cheekon

Cheekon Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2008
    NY
    Nice pics of your girls! [​IMG]

7. speckledhen

Thanks, all. Tara, Livvie is sitting on three Barred Rock eggs, some of the last of Hawkeye's babies, one each from Lexie, Amanda and Ivy, if I remember correctly. Olivia herself is half Barred Rock, but I didnt let her keep her own egg.
    Tutter, we have those tiny flag irises growing all through the woods here, in addition to ladys slippers. I love the wild ones, too.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2008
  8. jeaucamom

jeaucamom Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2007
    Ophir, CA
    What GREAT photos Cyn. It is soooo neat to see our egg's Moms [​IMG] Your hens always look so happy and what a beautiful area you live in.

9. Cuban Longtails

Cuban Longtails Flock Mistress

Sep 20, 2007
    Northeast Texas
    Very cool! Has she ever hatched any before or is she a first timer? I hope they all hatch for her. [​IMG]

10. speckledhen

Suz, in the nests in the pic just before the close up of the iris, that's Sunny on the left and Ivy on the right, and before that, in the milk crate nest is Amanda. The Barred Rock in the pic above that one with the RIR and the Lt Brahma is Lexie.
    Tara, this is Livvie's first time. So far,she's sticking to that nest like glue, but she's not getting off the nest to eat and drink like she should. I do make sure she's eating and drinking and I sprinkled her with the last of my DE because she isn't dustbathing. When the babies hatch, I'm going to move her out of there and into the broody pen where Zane is. I tried to in the middle of the night, but the next morning, she was fighting to get back to the nest where she started so I let her go back.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by