Sunnybrook Yoko - Due March 8th!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by Stacykins, Jan 18, 2013.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    My Nigerian Dwarf doe, Sunnybrook Yoko, has been confirmed pregnant as of today! Because I wanted to be sure she had kids on board, rather than just getting chubby, I sent in a sample of blood to be tested. Now I know for sure she is expecting, and that she is also clean of Johne's disease and caprine arthritis and encephalitis (CAE)!

Here are some before and after pictures, so you can see how much she is showing! Also pictured, the proud father, Cedar Pond Farm Tractor George.

Anyone want to take a guess on the number of kids in there? I think there are at least two in there, but until she pops, that is only a guess! Hopefully she has a doeling in there, I'd love a goat with Yoko's honey dappled coat, and George's blue eyes.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. miss heny

miss heny Genetic Expert in learning Premium Member

[​IMG] hard to tell with goats sadly >_<

3. Stacykins

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Oh yes! They can be hiding one in there, or four, and you don't know until they pop! But it is fun to speculate, that is for sure!

4. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Ooh, are you excited? Babies! Congrats!

5. Stacykins

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Oh I am ultra excited! Since Yoko is almost to day 100, I just gave her a CDT vaccination booster, selenium dose, and copper bolus today. My area is selenium deficient, so supplementation is a must.

I will certainly be sleeping outside in the barn as it gets closer. I just hope I can schedule work to be light around that time! I might have to hire my elder sister for some kid watch while I work.

6. marilyn1

marilyn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2013
    florida
    They are very pretty. Love her soft coloring . Boy, do those big blue eyes stand out on that dark face!
    Can't wait to see the kids.

7. Stacykins

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Today I finally felt her babies fluttering in her tummy! I held her for a while with one hand on her right side and one hand under her. After a few minutes, I felt sporadic movements against my fingers, light little ripples!

Here is the proud mother in a favorite hangout, under the play slide!
    [​IMG]

8. marilyn1

marilyn1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2013
    florida
    Can't wait to see the kids. The goats are beautiful. This is my new baby[​IMG][​IMG] shortly after birth on 1-24-13. Her name Is Boots.

9. Stacykins

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    Yoko on the milk stand, March 5th! I was getting her udder and lady area all cleaned up for kidding.
    [​IMG]

Her udder, which started to develop a few weeks ago
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

She is still pear shaped, which means the kids haven't dropped into birthing position quite yet
    [​IMG]

Artie and Georgie are her neighbors while she is in the kidding stall. They're in the other stall every night, as I do not have a coyote proof shelter for them in their pen.

Georgie is a bit too short to peek on Yoko!
    [​IMG]

Artie is tall enough to say hello though!
    [​IMG]

"Stop taking pictures and pet me!"
    [​IMG]
    Magical lantern, it was very interesting to her.
    [​IMG]

"Stop ogling at my bum!"
    [​IMG]

She did something I've never seen her do. A flehmen's response! She peed, then sniffed the urine, and curled her lip up. I see the boys do it all the time, but never Yoko!
    [​IMG]

Itching on the door
    [​IMG]

"Please turn the flash off!"
    [​IMG]

"Fine, I'll just fog up the lens to stop the pictures from being taken."
    [​IMG]

10. Stacykins

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    She is a bit overdue. But I am certain tonight is the night! Her udder has rapidly filled overnight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by