Sunrise this morning

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by sparkles2307, Sep 21, 2009.

1. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

Snapped this on the way to work.
    [​IMG]

Almost, ALMOST, makes those inhumanly cold winters worth it...

2. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    That's such a beautiful sunrise! If only every day could start out like that!!!!

3. key west chick

key west chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Wow, beautiful. Especially since I haven't seen the sun in over a week.

4. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Remind me why I shouldn't move from Atlanta to there? Just how cold is an "inhumanely cold" winter?

5. sparkles2307

Quote:A week to 10 days of -40 degrees farenheit.

6. StupidBird

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    [​IMG] Really?
    My innards just sucked into themselves thinking about it being that cold. I remember a blizzard in Indiana when it finally warmed to minus 15 F after a week....didn't like it much.
    How do you live with a winter like that????

7. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Sparkles, that's a beautiful picture!

8. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Beautiful!

9. sparkles2307

Quote:I whine for 7 months. I hate it. We live in the house DH has lived in since he was a baby...you get the idea? He aint going anywhere. I despise it. Can I make it any more clear how much I HATE winter in Minnesota? My reward for my longsuffering and dealing with my Seasonal Depression is that I get lots of cider and hot chocolate and I get to wear nice fuzzy slipper socks and have an excuse for wearing my bathrobe all the time and DH does EVERYTHING I ask (hours of scrabble on a saturday, stuff like that) to show that he appreciates my tollerating this crap for him. And then, ya know, as soon as it warms up I am pickin' ticks off me and the kids for 8 weeks straight... lol I cant win! But nothing is more lovely than a MN summer I tell ya, the fireflies do a nightly display at the end of our driveway and theres a new sunset each night!

I dont get out of hauling buckets of hot water from the house to the barn in the -40 days tho... I dont like trudging thru 2 ft of snow with two 5-gallon buckets of hot water (only half ful of course but still), cause DH says "Youre the one that wanted chickens!" of course, he's usually telling me that while he is digging calves out of snowbanks so I try not to whine about my light load too much when I see him doing that without making me help!

10. StupidBird

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    Post lots of pictures then!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by