Sunshine and a family outing! *PIC HEAVY!*

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by aoxa, Jun 4, 2012.

1. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

This weekend was beautiful. We had a full week of rainy days and were rewarded by three days of sun.. Back to the rain *sigh* My goslings are nearly 3 weeks old (Buff Toulouse) and they can now go outside all day when the weather is this nice. The chickens avoid them for the most part. Their biggest threat is the broodies, who continually drop kick them when they come near. :gig [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] There are tons of place on our new property for the chickens to get some shade/protection. They love to hang out where old fencing has been sitting for years.. Ever since my fiance sold her horses. [​IMG] The silky broody moms hung out in a fenced area.. to save my goslings from their evil kick boxing moves. [​IMG] No matter how nice it is out - these guys always hang near the woods. The chicks are not so much chicks anymore. They are now 13 weeks. Beautiful group. I am in love with all the colours :love [​IMG] The two boys. Out of 10 chicks I purchased straight run, only 2 were roos. [​IMG] Gigi the Houdan [​IMG] Again - because he's so pretty :p [​IMG] Bonnie & Hoover (mixes) [​IMG] Eedie - Easter Egger [​IMG] Lynette - Easter Egger [​IMG] Cathy (leghorn mix) [​IMG] Fern - Easter Egger [​IMG] Stanley - Easter Egger Roo [​IMG] Stanley & Skittles [​IMG] Skittles :love [​IMG] Jagger and a couple of his hens [​IMG] Time for some greens! [​IMG] [​IMG] As you can see, we have a lot of different age groups/breeds [​IMG] The 8 week old barred rocks are interested in the chicks. They will not be drop kicked today! :D [​IMG] One of the two (FOR SURE) girls. There are two for sure boys, and one (maybe it's a girl)... [​IMG] Carlton the duck/rooster is getting HUGE. He crowed Saturday for the first time! :woot [​IMG] [​IMG] Our corgi mix Koda playing ball while Clementine (livestock guardian dog - 18 weeks old) chases him. [​IMG] Note the barred rock chick playing fetch with them :gig [​IMG] Apparently it was a good idea for someone to photograph me taking pictures of the goslings.. :p [​IMG] They are too cute! and just because, here are some of my 10 Naked Neck chicks (3 weeks old) [​IMG] [​IMG] This one is so gravely pretty.. but ugly at the same time :gig [​IMG] [​IMG] one of my barred rock x cochins :) Thanks for reading :D

Last edited: Jun 4, 2012
  2. ChickenPeep

ChickenPeep Faith & Feathers

May 1, 2011
    Olathe, Kansas
    Wow, great pictures! You have a wonderful flock. I just love your polish!

3. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

You mean the Houdans? My polish is kind of hiding in the background there :p They look very similar either way.

Thank you! I appreciate that :D

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

So pretty! [​IMG] Love your pics, thanks for sharing!

5. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

Thank you! I appreciate that :) Wish it were that nice this weekend *sigh*

My chickens are NOT happy.. But my ducks are loving it :p

6. Brandi Leigh

Brandi Leigh Songster

Love, love, LOVE! The variety in your flock.

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Wow! I enjoyed your photos! So many birds!

8. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

Thank you! Yes - I have quite a few now! :p

Thanks! I love seeing all the different colours and personalities with all these different breeds.

9. aoxa

aoxa Crowing

Here are some more recent pictures - The Goslings & the NN chicks are just shy of 6 weeks old now - the mixes and the silkies are 7 weeks and the babies are 4 weeks! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Frilkie chick with regular silkie [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Here are some of the 17 week olds [​IMG] Stanley [​IMG] Willow & Fern [​IMG] Cathy [​IMG] Bonnie [​IMG] Skittles & Lynette [​IMG] Gigi [​IMG] The 4 week olds (they were 3 weeks in these pictures) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] My favourite of the 4 silkeis I have in the older chicks - This is Phyllis - She's 7 weeks old. [​IMG] :gig [​IMG] Frilkie [​IMG] Mabel [​IMG] My 2 moms and their 13 babies - also my silkie rooster Steve stays with them 24/7 in their own separate enclosure. [​IMG] Over there to the right [​IMG] Here he is! He had to be separated from Jagger - who's torn out all his tail feathers and then some. Poor baby :( [​IMG] The 10 week old barred rocks (now 11 weeks, but only 10 weeks here) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Carlton the rooster who thinks he's a duck [​IMG] Macy - went broody :rolleyes: [​IMG] Our guard cat - Angel [​IMG] She LOVES having her picture taken [​IMG] [​IMG] Koda guarding the chicks. More water pictures.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]. [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  10. GardenGal

GardenGal Songster

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    Wow, what a beautiful mix of animals! Really enjoyed seeing your pictures :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: