1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Sunsinger - A Lame Duck Update w/videos

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by OldGuy43, Mar 23, 2012.

1. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

For those who missed the announcement Lame Duck has a new name, Sunsinger. First, here she is chillin' in her pool:

The truly observant among you will have noticed the cluckers running away. That's because OldGal tossed some greens into the run. Sunsinger, not one to be left behind leaves her pool and joins them:

We're not sure that Sunsinger knows she's a duck. She may think she's a chicken. She certainly thinks she's part of their flock.

2. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    What a lovely sight, SunSinger walking along to join the chickens! Thanks for taking her in, and not giving up on her!

3. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    X2, she is so sweet looking, has she met the ducketts yet?

4. tweetysvoice

tweetysvoice Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2011
    Lawrence, KS
    My Coop
    Those are great videos!!! I love seeing them all get along so well! In the first video - I sware I saw one of the chickens give her a look like, "what the heck are you doing in there?" Then shake cuz she got splashed! LOL

5. Amy S

Amy S Chillin' With My Peeps

Sunsinger, what a beautiful name. She's very cute!

6. Mike Winters

Mike Winters Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 13, 2011
    ya the baby ducks are big enough to hold there own if she attacks them. ducks aren't not like chickens in that the adult will not attack a smaller one because of its rank . ducks are more worried about there personal space. some adult ducks are aggressive towards strange younger ducks some can careless. you can try to introduce them, ducklings are usually nervous around adult ducks they never seen but after they chatter a bit and have something to do like play in a pool they while ignore each other. and focus on more important things like emptying the pool, and playing get the chickens wet

7. Mum

Mum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 23, 2011
    UK
    She's adorable!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by