Sunsinger - The Duck Who Thinks SHE(!) Is a Rooster

OldGuy43

Songster
8 Years
It's official, Sunsinger, the Khaki Campbell hen has taken over the job of rooster for our flock. Not that she is trying to mate with the hens, She just announces sunrise every morning. I awoke early this morning and at approximately 6:34 Sunsinger started quacking really loudly, and continued to do so until sunrise. Does kind of make you wonder how the places that have legal prohibitions against owning "roosters" would deal with a girl like her.
idunno.gif

Oh well, time for the second cup.
caf.gif

Last edited:
Yup, I've got one of those too! My Indian Runner, Victoria. She is a big mouth. As soon as the sun rises, she is quacking like a maniac. Love her to pieces, but she is LOUD!!!

This is just weird. Yesterday morning my Cayuga did the exact same thing, even the part about stopping right around sunrise. I thought she lost her mind... Could it be some kind of duck conspiracy?

No rooster here OG, hens, trio of ducks, ducklings, but no rooster.

I think you've brought this on yourself ... after all, you did name her Sunsinger and that is just what she does
wink.png
lau.gif

No rooster here OG, hens, trio of ducks, ducklings, but no rooster.

I think you've brought this on yourself ... after all, you did name her Sunsinger and that is just what she does
wink.png
lau.gif
No, other way around. That's how she got her name. She started singing the sun up shortly after we moved her in with the cluckers. Now it's an every morning thing.
smile.png
Member of the poultry clergy maybe?
bow.gif
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom