Super aggressive baby rooster

Wulfagor

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 31, 2013
Ok,here how it goes I know he's a rooster cause he sometime drag he's wings around other baby chicken and sometime try's to mate them,he's like 1 month.know he's starting to beat the crap out the other baby chicken,and yesterday he kill my silkie chick!how crazy is that..he's my first Thai fighting baby rooster..what should I do with em..?i don't want to send me away,cause I like em

The behaviors you mention can all be expressed by females too. They're not guarantees of gender.

Since it's killed, well, personally I would put it on the cull list, separate it, grow it to an edible size and eat it.

But you want to keep it, so I guess you need to evaluate this bird compared to the rest. Separating it would be a good start but it will in all likelihood get more and more aggressive as it grows until it might end up living alone, which is not much of a life for a pet. Does it have a purpose? Breeder, meat, eggs, anything?

If you want more killers and more dead chickens, keep it and breed it, and if you don't, kill it. Personally I'd kill it. But best wishes with whatever your choice is. I hope you make its proclivities clear to anyone in future who buys/obtains any future relatives of this bird.

Please keep him AWAY from your silkies!! I raise silkies and they are by nature a very gentle breed. Your rooster by nature is a killer and now he had tasted blood so its on! He will kill again and again and again. I'm sorry and I don't want to sound mean or harsh but I would get rid of him and FAST!! If you MUST keep him he MUST be by himself!!! With no way to get to the others. This does not shock me at all with his breed. Think of it like this. He is a great White shark and silkies are seal babies. If you want him to kill all your silkies keep them together and he will kill them one by one for certain!!! If you MUST keep and breed him you will ALWAYS need a completely SEPARATE area. Please do NOT try to mix him into your flock. He IS a KILLER its in his blood.no training will stop this behavior. Please please I urge you to hear our warning!! He will breed other killers.or sharks too.if you MUST keep him perhaps re home the silkies to a family that can keep them safe. Then you can breed and have a whole flock of them if you like. But they will NEVER mix nicely with silkies so perhaps find another home for the silkies. Or keep two SEPARATE flocks with NO WAY the fighting
birds can get into the other flock. I'm very serious about the fact that he has now tasted blood and will continue even at this young age to KILL. He is programed to fight to the DEATH. Having a flock of them or breeding him will be a nightmare!!! They will also kill each other. Im sorry if I sound harsh but its very much the TRUTH. So either the silkies should be sold or him. ..if he is important to you I urge you to sell the silkies unless you can section off two very SEPRATE areas where the killer birds can NOT possibility get ahold of the other birds. Remember its like keeping a shark with baby seals. think of it that way. ..I hope this helps and truely hope you hear our warnings!! You sounded shocked he killed already im suprised your shocked because that is what they do. They kill..so hopefully you can figure this out without any more loss of life. Maybe sell your silkies then you can breed him. But beware they also KILL each other. If it were me I would sell him immediately. But if you want a flock of them then sell your other birds. I'm sorry your in this situation but you have a big decision to make. If you do nothing he will continue to kill all the silkies for certain.best of luck and I'm so sorry if I sound harsh...its just silkies are very gentle and kind birds and he is a killer.he did it once and will do it again!! And soon.....

Putting Thai fighting chickens in with Silkies & regular chickens is like putting a piranahas in a tank full of goldfish. He needs his own pen or cage with his own breed.
This. you have the very opposite ends of the chicken spectrum and they just can't be housed together, as you've already found out. If you don't have separate housing, you need to decide which one you want. If you try to keep them all, the Thai might just make that decision for you.

No you don't sound harsh just caring,it's ok I've already separate the Thai away from the silkie,I keep a lot of breeds in my backyard(my backyard is very big),so yeah I've separate them,he was kinda lonely and all,so I decides to put in my Cochin chick in it,double he's age,and now dat Thai is getting back he's own medicine..but there fine now,looks like there gonna be a great buddy,thxx a lot realsis that's a great reply;)

Back
Top Bottom