Super broody hens - White Leghorn/Jersey Giant x 3 - East TN

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by NellaBean, Aug 9, 2010.

1. NellaBean

NellaBean Graceland Farms

Mar 4, 2009
    Broodyland, TN
    My Coop
    I have 3 White Leghorn/Jersey Giant cross hens who keep going broody! 2 of the 3 have already raised a small batch of babies....and now the 3rd hen has a baby of her own and the other two are sitting on eggs again.

I also have a 4th who is blind in one eye, same cross....who is currently finishing up raising 4 babies. I will be keeping her but wanted to point her out as for some reason this cross is VERY BROODY.

When they are not broody they lay light brown/beige eggs and are very good layers. They are just under a year old.

One girl is to the left in this picture.
    [​IMG]

The two white speckled girls to the back right...they coparented with a barred cochin girl.
    [​IMG]

I assume selling and moving them will break their broodiness but they should come around again in a bit. They are also GREAT broodies. Aggressively defend their babies.....one even was attacked by a hawk and survived without any injuries.

They are about the size and build of a RIR hen. Bigger than a regular leghorn but smaller than a Jersey Giant. All are white with black spots....

Pick-up in East TN, Loudon, Lenoir City or West Knoxville TN.

Will be driving up to Lexington, KY 8/14 and can meet off the 75 along the way. Will be driving to Inman, SC on 8/21 and can meet off the 40 along the way.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by