1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Super Chicken cartoons!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mudhen, Jul 19, 2007.

1. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Definately showing my age here, but just found a site with some old Super Chicken cartoons and had to share. [​IMG]

It was from these old cartoons that I got my avatar and signature "Quick Fred, to the Super Coop!".
    They were my favorite (next to Bugs Bunny cartoons) when I was growing up, back when there was Saturday morning cartoons...anybody remember those?

Anyway, enjoy...they made me smile and laugh outloud at the goofy-ness when I watched them... [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    LOL!!! I've never heard of Super Chicken!! Too funny. That's my license plate...SPRCHKN!! Will have to show DH the Super Chicken toon. He loves all the old Hanna-Barbera toons.

Thanks for sharing!!

3. 65browneyes

65browneyes Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 2, 2007
    Arizona
    What a great blast from the past! I've been trying to place your avatar for so long, and now I remember! Thanks so much.

4. Yonaton

Yonaton Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2007
    West TN
    Wow! I'd forgot all about Super Chicken! I remember my dad used to call my little brother that too when we were kids (he was scared of the dark 'til he was almost 14!), even dad liked some of the cartoons! Some of those Saturday morning cartoons were fantastic! Talk about all of a sudden having great memories of really great times! WOOHOO!

5. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    Now it all makes sense... Quick Fred to Youtube...

That was a great episode. No one would miss or even notice
    Rhode Island was gone. Plus we could use some more prime
    oceanfront property.

"I've got some oceanfront property in Connnneeeecctttiiiicuuuuuttttt"
    "From my front porch we can see the sea"
    "I've got some oceanfront property in Connnneeeecctttiiiicuuuuuttttt"
    "If you buy that I'll throw a golden chicken in free...."

[​IMG]

6. mudhen

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I remember saturday morning cartoons but.... never heard of super chicken. I must have caught the tail end of saturday cartoons or something...

8. mudhen

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    Super Chicken was done by the same folks that did 'George of the Jungle' and 'Tom Slick'. Remember those?
    About the same time period as the "Rocky and Bullwinkle" show, with my all time favorite cartoons 'Fractured Flickers'.

Oh man, am I the only one nuts enough to admit to watching these? [​IMG] [​IMG]

OK, so I'm an 8 yr old trapped in the body of a 50 yr old!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    Oh yeah, I loved Super Chicken, George and Tom Slick. Back when the cartoons were funny. [​IMG]

10. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    When was Super Chicken on tv? I'm 24 but I think I remember watching that cartoon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by