super chicks?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by egyptchick, May 10, 2011.

1. egyptchick

egyptchick Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Ontario
    I am the proud mama of 2 barreds, 5 rhodes, 4 sex links and one unknown. supposedly they are 12 days old but they have tail andwing feathera, combs and are flying. i am assuming they are older but how old might they be?

Although i tried a mother hen cold brooder they didn't really like it. We ave been keeing our house at about 75 and they are perfectly content without a heat source. Our outside temps just hit 70 and i was wondering if it is to early to take them out for small play periods.

2. JustAChickenLittle&More

JustAChickenLittle&More Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Florida
    Egypt, a little time outside would be great for them as long as its not wet, cold, and windy. They should be fine. They sound like they are about 12 to 14 weeks old. Post some pics if you get a chance. [​IMG]

3. egyptchick

egyptchick Out Of The Brooder

May 4, 2011
    Ontario
    They all had thier first outing and it went wonderfully. it took about two minutes for them to figure out there are bugs. on the ground.

as for age, i don't think they are that old. when i said feathers i should have siad small feathers as in coming out. they all have about a 1" tail and their wing feather have really come in. most can fly about 2 feet up to the top of the brooder. does that sound like a 13 day old chick?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by