Super Cool Chicken artist

bamccrea

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
I know this gal who is a really, really good chicken (poultry) artist. She just finished a bunch of painted pieces for a 50-50 show (50 pieces of art in 50 days). She is very, very good at drawing with colored pencils (the detail is amazing!), but she is also dabbling in graphite, acrylic paints, scrimshaw, and engraving. She is so good that she is the new artist for the APA Standard of Perfection! She can really capture a bird in mid-thought! Her website is www.katherineplumer.com Take a peek! I know that some of her stuff is on cafepress which is linked through her website, but some stuff is through Etsy (also a link on her website). Her originals are purchased through her (sometimes). You will be shocked at how amazingly detailed her stuff is!

WOW! I checked out her site and she really is a wonderful artist!! Her drawing and paintings are beautiful!
love.gif

You can see her most recent stuff on her blog. I do not know how she finds the ivory, but she always emails you back, so I say go ahead and email her. She has been showing and keeping chickens since she was 10 or something (I can't exactly remember what age she says on her bio). Art can be pricey but she just did a bunch of $30 pieces that I picked up. Her prints (not the originals) tend to be around $25 unframed (you can pick up frames cheap when they are on sale!). Way cool stuff!

Back
Top Bottom