Super Crispy Chicken Skin.

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by dadthebaker, Nov 19, 2011.

1. dadthebaker

dadthebaker Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2011
    Los Angeles Area
    I used to work in commercial pest control for a few years.

I would go to the back room in Chinese restaurants and they would have chickens, ducks and pigs (whole) hanging in front of huge fans blowing them dry all night. I do it with a chicken where I blow a fan on it for a couple of hours before deep frying....mind you, it doesnt give you that "southern" fried style, but close as you can get to Asian... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Come to find out, that is how they would get the skins extra crispy when deep fried,..no batter, no flour, just chicken.

Also, Wife taught me how to make chicken skin chicharone...,. get the skin from a chicken, and put it in a skittet with 1/2 cup of water. boil the skin untill the water dries up and add a couple of Tablespoons oil....fry until crispy! sooooo yummy!

Let me know how these work out for you.....

2. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    I'll have to try the chicken chicharron!!! [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:x2!! Thats the best part of a chicken! [​IMG]

4. Elite Silkies

Elite Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Jun 17, 2009
    Oklahoma
    My Coop
    I eat Chicharrones every day! I just bought 5 bags last night so I don't run out. I might have to try making the chicken ones. I like the BBQ flavored ones though, I wonder if there is some BBQ flavored powder to put on them.....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by