Super cute quilting find! **FINISHED!**

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by tabsmonsters, May 28, 2010.

1. tabsmonsters

tabsmonsters Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    I decided to pop in the craft store on base today to see if they had anything good. Since we have been here this time around, the selection of items has been sad and very little quilting stuff to be had. Apparently they have a new manager now and she is a quilter, YAY!! I was surprised to find wallhanging kits and I just had to buy this one! I know what I will be doing over this rainy weekend [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

**Finally got it finished! I plan on giving this one to my SIL and maybe make one for me later down the road.

[​IMG]

The quilting is all by hand. I enjoyed doing this part!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  2. paulsmuffen

paulsmuffen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2010
    Jacksonville,NC
    That is to cute. I just love finding things like that. My family was in Okinawa during 1973-1976, I am sure nothing looks the same.

3. WingingIt

WingingIt Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 16, 2009
    Cute!!! [​IMG]

4. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

That's really cute Tabby!!

I've got a summer project too. I'm making a bunch of Yellow Brick Road crib size quilts. That I'm going to put a large appique of of an Aussie Dog on and sell them to raise money for the Cattle Dog rescue I'm working with. I'm also working on Kennel pads/quilts that the dogs will get when they come into the rescue and take with them when they move onto their Forever Homes.

5. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I like that,, I have a panel I got awhile back as a gift,, I need to figure out what to do with it!

6. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    paulsmuffen, yes things certainly will have changed since the 70's. We were here from 2000-2003 and a lot has changed since then.

Coyote, that is a very worthy project to be donating your time and skills to. Hope you raise lots of money for the rescue.

WOW, just do what I did and post a pic of the panel on here and ask for ideas!

I am almost done with the top. I would make another of these but I would change the applique fabric from felt to just cotton fabric and applique it with a machine. I don't like how the felt looks the way I have been stitching it and it would go much faster on the machine. Will post a pic when I am done!

7. baustin

baustin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2009
    Inyokern
    I like that panel. My daughter is paulsmuffen. She's on the east coast and I'm on the west coast although hubby and I head for NC in another 12 days for a weeks visit.

8. tabsmonsters

Apr 27, 2007
    Laclede County, MO
    Quote:Well, that is good to know! We have spent a total of 6 yrs at Lejuene and can't wait to go back!

9. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I love it! It's beautiful.

10. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Very good job! So cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by