Super Easy Banana Milkshake

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Chickerdoodle13, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I had a bunch of bananas that got too ripe too quick, so I peeled them and stuck them in the freezer. I just took two, about a cup or so of milk, and a spoonful of nutella (though you could substitute with a bit of chocolate syrup or peanut butter) and blended it all up. I didn't even have to add sugar and it was delicious! It tasted just like icecream, but much healthier. I used 1% milk, but you could use whatever you like best. Would make an awesome breakfast shake!

Traditional recipes use ice, but I always feel like the ice waters the shake down. You could freeze just about anything and use it! I might experiment with freezing apple slices next time. Great thing to do with over ripened fruit! Also, instead of sugar to sweeten it, you could add a bit of honey.

2. KatyTheChickenLady

KatyTheChickenLady Bird of A Different Feather

Dec 20, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    we freeze all kinds of fruit during the summer for just this reason - whatever is over ripe and cheap. melon is great!

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

I never use ice in mine either. Always frozen fruit and frozen yogurt with milk, or sherbet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by