Super Excited!

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by AndysPeafowlSanctuary, Nov 23, 2010.

1. AndysPeafowlSanctuary

AndysPeafowlSanctuary Chillin' With My Peeps

My silver pied peahen is being shipped tonight and I should get her in tomorrow around lunch time. She's 5 years old and she cost me a real shinny penny. She was $175 for the bird and the cost of shipping was at $95.00 so that rings up to a grand total of $269.75! Lions And Tigers And Bears Oh My. I plan to pair her up with my 4 year old white peacock so that way I'll get 50% silver pied and 50% white. I'll add some pics tomorrow when she arrives. [​IMG] Will The Fever Ever End? The Pea-Fever That Is![​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2010
  2. jrsqlc

jrsqlc Obsessed with Peafowl

Dec 22, 2009
    Northwest Ohio
    I REALLY want a silver pied peacock. I have a beautiful quad of pure whites and would like to replace the white cock with a silver pied.

Quote:I dont think so..... [​IMG]

3. TerriLaChicks

TerriLaChicks Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2008
    Central Louisiana
    Cool!!!! looking forward to seeing pics! I'm going to take some pics of my new males if the sun ever comes out and stays out long enough! I absolutely LOVE my silver pied male! and my bronze!

4. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    Andy...depend on what your white is from.....to get silver pied you need white eye gene also. For all the pied to be silver pied he would have to be carring white eye gene. If he is not , you will get whites, and pieds.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2010
  5. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. 6littlechickies

6littlechickies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Burton, OH
    Quote:I dont think so..... [​IMG]

Agree, seems like they just get more interesting. Love my group of silver pied, 1 cock, 2 SP girls and 1 Opal SP girl. The SP girls are some of the prettiest.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by