Super Fluffy chicks: Will they stay fluffy?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex

Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex Chillin' With My Peeps

I have 8 EE pullets (to replace the 2 a dog killed, how's that for chicken math!) that I added to my order under the pretense of needing to make up 25 for shipping. I would rather pick my own packing peanuts! Anyway, I plan only to keep the ones I can't bear to part with. The others will go to the poultry swap (in October) with me to find new homes.

But 3 of my little EE's are sooooo fluffy..... Almost comically fluffy.... And the others are trimmer, like all the other chicks I have had. I love the fluffiness! I ordered Speckled Sussex and Buff orps to keep, but every time I am looking into the brooder I just want to hold the EE's!
    So has anyone noticed the fluffiness carrying over into adulthood? Do they look different at all? I have to know! I have had them for 5 days and the suspense is killing me!

2. JodyJo

JodyJo Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 27, 2010
    Colorado
    do you have any pics?

3. debid

debid Overrun With Chickens

Jan 20, 2011
    middle TN
    Do you mean cheek fluff or the whole body? I know that extra puffy cheeks does equal fuller beard but the body feathering on mine is all roughly equivalent.

4. Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex

Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex Chillin' With My Peeps

No pics yet, but I will get some today. On these 3, the WHOLE body is fluffy. About twice as much fluff as the others. Its so cute!!!
    It almost makes the puffy cheeks blend in. Their cheeks barely stick out more than their body fuzz. Its alomst ridiculous how puffy they are, especially compared to the sleek sussexes.

5. Roo on Harley

Roo on Harley Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2011
    Texas
    ...makes you just wanna toss them all in a pillow case.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by