Super friendly chick

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by geojane42, May 15, 2010.

1. geojane42

geojane42 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    One of my polish chicks is SUPER friendly and getting more friendly every day. I can't even open the cage without her jumping on me and making her way up to her preferred spot on my shoulder. Last night she put up such a fuss when I tried to put her back in the cage that I let her watch a movie with me and we both fell asleep on the couch. She has such a great personality... very adventurous but always happy to snuggle. Do you think she's going to have trouble making the transition to the coop when they're old enough to move out? She's happy with the other two chicks but definitely prefers me. Should I handle her less? If I'm going to keep letting her out, does anyone know how to rig up a diaper on a 6 week old chick? My son thought it was pretty funny when she was sitting on my head the other day and crapped down the side of my face.

2. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Don't you just love the luuuuuv!

3. Toi-toi

Toi-toi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2010
    Central MA
    She is sure cutie pie! You need to buy chicken diaper for just in case [​IMG]

4. watersoflethe

watersoflethe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Corona/Mira Loma CA
    that is CUTE [​IMG]

5. featherz

featherz Veggie Chick

Mar 22, 2010
    Saratoga County, NY
    people keep telling me that my superfriendly chick is that way cause HE's a roo. /sigh.

6. Vanessabuffsnsilkies

Vanessabuffsnsilkies Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2009
    NE Ohio
    I have a little Delaware pullet chick that's a month old and is very friendly too. She will climb on my hand and sit. New favorite [​IMG]

7. fastpat

fastpat Chillin' With My Peeps

I've found that most chicks, even the most friendly, will be distracted (beneficially so) by the great "outside". The chance to scratch around and eat bugs, weeds, dirt, and gravel is just too good for them to resist.

8. donnavee

donnavee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Central NC
    We have a 4wk old Dominique chick that is like that. She loves my DH and jumps on his hand and would happily sit for a long time. But, we just moved them outside to their new home and now she seems more interested in running and jumping. DH misses being the sole object of her affection.

9. Redcatcher

Redcatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    At My Desk!
    I once had a Wyandotte cockerel just a couple of weeks old jump out of the plastic tote brooder in the kitchen and wander into the living room looking for me. He left all of his chick buddies behind (a group of about 25) to be where I was. I handled him but not more so than the other chicks, and not a whole lot.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by