Super Friendly Leghorns-They do exist!! *PIC*

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Sparrow, Jul 27, 2008.

1. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    I took this picture today of me holding my little shadow...a White Leghorn pullet named Vera. I just love her, she always comes running when I go out to the run, and I never even bring them treats. She just follows me everywhere clucking at me. [​IMG] She even gets jealous when I pay attention to other chickens when she is nearby! Today, after I had been holding Vera, I started petting one of my roosters. Vera had been standing right next to me, but when I started petting the rooster, she ran in front of me really fast, yanked my shorts hem once with her beak, and ran back around behind me. [​IMG] I was surprised she did that, and all she wanted when I turned around was to be picked up and squooshed again! It was pretty cute. So, I thought I'd finally show you guys the "non-skittish Leghorn" I've been yapping about for months!!

[​IMG]

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    She is CUTE! [​IMG]

3. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Cuteness [​IMG]

4. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    SWEET ![​IMG][​IMG]

5. LynneP

LynneP Chillin' With My Peeps

You're handling them beautifully and it shows! I was also advised not to feed by hand and to let them understand hands are for petting, control and possibly for treatment if injured. I think they learn that food is a given and that *you* are nicer for giving attention. How lovely...[​IMG]

6. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

Neat!!

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    First time I ever seen a non skittish leghorn! GOOD JOB!

8. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    I've worked with her and her "sister" Simone just like the rest of my chickens. Just a lot of love, affection, and chicken-ish discipline where it's needed. [​IMG] It seems to work really well with themboth. Thanks for the comments , I'm really proud of her! [​IMG]

9. chicamama

chicamama Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Topanga Ca
    she is cute.

10. DDRanch

DDRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    California
    She is a beauty.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by