1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Super Huge Egg--Just had to Brag :)

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by dreamgirl, Apr 11, 2008.

1. dreamgirl

dreamgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    Hudson Valley, NY
    When I went to collect eggs after work last night I thought duck broke into the coop [​IMG] --one of my hens, I'm guessing the White Leghorn layed an egg just over 3 1/2 oz!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for letting me share--most of my friends think I'm nuts....[​IMG]

2. airmom1c05

airmom1c05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2008
    Raymond, Mississippi
    Picture! Picture! I want to see a picture of it next to an egg the size you usually collect. [​IMG]

3. Break an Egg

Break an Egg Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    Don't little things like that just make your day?[​IMG]

4. dreamgirl

dreamgirl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2007
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Picture! Picture! I want to see a picture of it next to an egg the size you usually collect.

LOL! I'm sorry, but I'm not that technologically advanced [​IMG] For reference, an extra large egg is 2 1/2 oz, which is what she usually lays.

Don't little things like that just make your day?

Yes, but I was actually worried about her, it is HUGE. She didn't lay the day b/4 -- I bet it is a double yolker [​IMG] I'd eat it tomorrow to find out, but I sort of want to save it to show off [​IMG]

5. NewChixMom

NewChixMom Out Of The Brooder

Mar 12, 2008
    Mississippi
    you could blow it

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by