Super hyper

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by krapnet, Aug 13, 2013.

1. krapnet

krapnet Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2013
    I bought 7 chicks 2-3 weeks old I guess. But this time the team is super hyper. I let them out to play a little and they went crazy jumping super high it was almost impossible to put them back. Is this normal Behavior? They also run likemcrazynand fly all overif I get near them.

2. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    Chicks are skittish and it sounds like they're healthy and feeling their oats.

3. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    Sounds like a group with a lot of personality!

4. ChickenCanoe

ChickenCanoe Chicken Obsessed

Nov 23, 2010
    St. Louis, MO
    I would be much more concerned if they were lethargic fearing that they weren't going to make it.

5. RandomDude42

RandomDude42 New Egg

Aug 13, 2013
    Yeah this is totally normal. The first time I let my chicks out was when they were a week old. We let them run loose in my living room with all family/threats aside form me and my dad in another part of the house. They were happy, curious and all over the place. Getting them back in is quite the problem, because they are instinctively afraid of you. Mine would either run to the opposite corner or hide under the radiator, and we had to draw them out with food and place traps (put their treats in boxes, tricking them into returning to captivity, etc.)

6. krapnet

krapnet Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2013
    Ha-ha exactly! they are used to me now.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by