Super mystery chicks.....Blue Dutch? Buff Sebright?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Darth Bantam, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Darth Bantam

Darth Bantam Out Of The Brooder

Mar 21, 2013
    We went today and picked up some bantams from TSC. I found the few that I had originally went for but also came across some that neither me nor my girlfriend could recognize. They supposedly came from Privett Hatchery but could have possibly came from another.

Blue Dutch perhaps?
    [​IMG]
    and the other..same kind

[​IMG]

and then have these 2...we suspect Buff Sebright
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  2. Sparrow

Sparrow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    These are our chicks. :D I'm quite confident about the bottom two being Buff Sebright, but could reeeeally use some help on the top two. Blue Dutch bantams are the only thing they remotely resembled.

3. amnich

amnich Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2013
    The top ones look a lot like buff brahma bantams, but they don't have the feathered feet like they should.

Bottom ones might be buff sebrights, but they are supposed to have slate colored legs rather than yellow/orange legs.

Sorry, this probably wasn't too helpful :(

4. Deerling

Deerling Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    King County, WA
    My guesses are:

1 - A "poorly" colored Golden Sebright (I say poorly, but that chick is adorable!)

2 - Black Tail Buff Japanese Bantam

5. Sparrow

Apr 11, 2008
    Chicks 1&2 have a distinct eyestripe and a single comb, so definitely not Sebright. No idea what they are, though. lol

Chicks 3&4 have rosecombs, so no Japanese. These guys are weird!

6. Darth Bantam

Mar 21, 2013
    Yeah, I still have no clue about chicks 1 & 2 but 3 & 4 I am putting my money on Buff Sebright. Apart from color (which would obviously be different) they look identical to the Silver and Golden babies we have. Here's hoping for a pair of Buffs!

7. Deerling

Deerling Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2013
    King County, WA
    Oh, I didn't pay attention to their combs! I also thought there were only 2 chicks, haha. Well you seem very informed, maybe your guesses are right!

8. amnich

amnich Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2013
    It's possible the last ones are buff sebrights, sometimes if the coloring doesn't come out perfect (like how these ones legs are yellowy rather than slate) hatcheries will give those chicks to feed stores. They will still be super cute, they just won't necessarily follow breed guidelines.

9. Darth Bantam

Mar 21, 2013
    Im really hoping for Sebrights they are one of my top favorites.

10. Sparrow

Apr 11, 2008
    *bump* xD

Can anyone recognize the first two chicks' breed? I have been searching online and really have no clue!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by