Super Newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mschwartz815, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Mschwartz815

Mschwartz815 New Egg

Aug 8, 2010
    Hello and thank you for having such a informative Chicken Forum. I was "hurled" into this hobby practically overnite. Earlier this week my wife informed me that a coworker had a new chicken coop and 3 chickens that she could not bring to her new residence. The coop is a Zen Hen Pen (very nice if ya ask me) 3 four month old hens,and everything else we could need. All we had to do was go get the stuff, and share the eggs once they start laying. There is a buff orpington, silver laced, and a barred rock. We hooked up a trailer and headed for San Jose. It was challenging to get the chickens into a dog transportation kennel but we finally got them in. The hen pen was too tall for the enclosed trailer but removal of the nesting box was easy enough.Then it wheeled right in. I began reffering to your forum on friday, it has been an invaluable resource for me and my wife. In regards to other hobbies we enjoy boating, bass fishing, camping, and we own a Harley Davidson. We live in the Central Valley. Dos Palos. (yes I know youve never heard of it)

Mike & Linda Schwartz
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  2. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    Let me be the first to say welcome and congrats on your new chicks. Glad you found us!!

3. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] and hello from Indiana

4. Telamon

Telamon Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    I have no idea.
    hoorah! another BYC member! here are some tips:

have fun! be a good person!

chat with a bunch of people, there are MILLIONS of people to chat to!

get a GFM or PPM, ( golden feather member and platinum poultry member ) and have your own title, and you can edit your posts, and delete your posts, and a bunch of stuff!

meet the mods and admins. ( moderators and administrators )

last of all, [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2010
  5. Twin Mom

Twin Mom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2010
    Floresville, Texas
    [​IMG] from Texas and [​IMG] !!!!

6. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Greetings to the Schwartz's! [​IMG] from Tucson, AZ. Sometimes it's best when you get into chickens suddenly and unexpectedly. You probably got into it cheaper than most![​IMG]

7. Mschwartz815

Mschwartz815 New Egg

Aug 8, 2010
    Yes we got it all for free [​IMG] Now just gotta hope the dogs will learn to accept them. I would like it if they could wander about the yard.[​IMG]
    Quote:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  8. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Lucky you!

9. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] from Maine [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by