1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Super NICE Bourbon Red quad for sale, So Cal, no shipping

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by onthespot, Jul 16, 2011.

1. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Spectacular quad of bourbon REDS, not brassy washed out hens. These are deep, reddish mahogany colored. Fertility has been EXCELLENT this year. Poults hatch themselves without assistance, have been very healthy, thriving, eat good and find food and water on their own in the brooder box. They range in age from one and a half to two and a half years. Nice young, good producing birds, from very good stock. I will be moving in the next couple months and regretfully offer them for sale. Recently took in some muscovy ducks from a friend and turned the turkeys loose in the back yard. They squashed my tomatoes yesterday... gotta go. Either to their new home, or in the smoker. Please bid if you are interested. The tom is non-aggressive and does not crowd you, and is okay with dogs that are okay with turkeys. Good GOOD boy! BID! [​IMG]

Here are the hens. Photos were taken yesterday, after a full breeding season. You can see the tom hasn't even messed up their feathers very much. He is a good, gentle breeding tom. If you were ever thinking of getting bourbon reds, don't miss this quad. You will NOT regret it! Local pickup only. Sorry, it is too hot to ship them right now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  2. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    In answer to a PM question, local delivery available to so cal, for around $50, depending on your location. Less if closer, more if further. Thanks for looking.

3. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Too bad its so cal. I'm north. [​IMG]

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    Too bad. Two new poults just hatched this morning, up and walking... doing great. They could be included. Also the fertile eggs cooking in the bator right now if you want. I can hatch them out, or you can take them with... should be okay.

5. calgal98

calgal98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Gonna have to pass. My Incubator is FULL and I'm going to have my hands full for a while. May try the turkeys next spring though. Sorry!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by